“Advertising is just a symptom, a tactic. Marketing is about far more than that.”
Without an understanding of the marketplace in which your business operates, any marketing campaign – digital or otherwise – is almost certainly doomed to fail.
At me:ta, any full service solution we deliver to our clients will invariably include strategic work – but our agency clients particularly value our unique insight when it comes to the search landscape in which their clients operate.
We give our clients the tools they need to achieve success, no matter what shape that takes for them – so our strategic planning and consultancy services are completely bespoke and designed to deliver on their objectives.
Getting to know customers, clients and competitors is at the heart of all of our strategic work. Our aim is to understand:
- Searcher behaviour, language and intent
- The influencers and publications reaching the client’s audience
- What is and isn’t working for the client
- The link landscape in which the client operates – particularly by assessing who is linking to competitors and why, with a view to identify won and missed link opportunities the client can capitalise on
As ever, the ideal output of our strategic projects depends entirely on the client’s unique objectives – but examples of work produced as part of this service include:
- Technical site audits: these comprehensive audits are invaluable to both design+build and integrated agencies
- Keyword strategies: while this does involve your typical keyword research, it goes much further than that – as we work to understand how consumers search and design site content and structure for maximum search impact
- Analytics audits: our consultancy is designed to help clients build their planned activity on a solid foundation, but helping clients to track and measure this activity is equally important. Many agencies call upon us to better organise Analytics, audit their performance and help their clients to assess the impact and value of their work
- Content strategies: a competitive content audit is key to the success of any content marketing campaign – and our agency clients often ask us to perform the research and develop a strategy they can implement, independent from our full service content marketing
- Link equity strategies: as with our content strategies, an analysis of the competitive landscape is crucial here. For link equity projects, we’ll provide clients with a list of suggested link targets and a proposed plan of action – which will inevitably be tied to the content strategy, as content often serves as a vital link-building resource
At me:ta, we offer our strategic planning and consultancy services to agency clients on a standalone basis. In many cases, clients collaborate with us on the strategy before making a decision on work they’ll handle in-house and what they’d prefer to outsource.
Looking for the key to eternal growth? Get in touch to experience the benefits of our strategic planning and consultancy today.